Saturday, May 24, 2008

First Trip to the Church


Okay, I thought that it was time to go to the church for the first time. We had a senior Luther leauge meeting -- and I had to go to the park to hand out clues. So, Bu went with me. He was a HIT with a lot of kids at the park. My poor dog just needed a good 12 hand back rub! Then we went back to the church. He wasn't thrilled with me for being so over-protective! He couldn't crawl up on the couches...he couldn't run through the whole fellowship hall...he couldn't go into the kitchen...he couldn't get the tacos off the table! I know I know... I'm "mean!" But, he again was well loved and a big hit!

Then, one of the girls asked if I wanted to go see Indiana Jones at midnight. I said sure. (Remind me that I cannot function on 4-5 hours of sleep for so many nights in a row! Wasn't a problem staying up and watching the movie...but UGH work the next day! ick!) Anyways, I walk back into the house at 2am. I open the garage door, close the garage door, come into the mud room, go through the kitchen, walk down the hall, go all the way to my bedroom... There I find Bu. As I walk INTO the bedroom, he lifts his head and notices me. He then proceeds to go straight back to sleep. Not a single "what's going on" woof. Not even a huge great dane standing up on the bed and being alarmed. Nope. I don't have a gaurd dog at all. When does he bark "warnings?" Well, on ocassion something outside sets him off...and he proceed to bark, and hides behind ME! Yeah, I'm the alpha, but give me a break!

Thanks for all your prayers. Keep praying. We'll find out what to keep looking for and how much longer the neck brace stays on this week. If nothing gets better or worse, I'd still call it a success...but it would be nice to know that it will get a bit better too.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Dexter said...

Bu, I am the same way. I usually can't be bothered to get out of bed when momma comes home (come on, I know its just her).

Clay's Mommy said...

Happy Memorial Day Bu! Glad you seem to be doing better after your surgery!

Jack and Abby

Anonymous said...

Chels is the same, she's just not a barker, but I figure any burgler game enough will just trip over her.