Friday, June 15, 2007

Dead Batteries!

So, if you leave your camara on with brand new batteries... they die! I thought that it turned itself off. I was wrong. This means no new pictures just yet. But, let me tell you of some of our adventures this week.

Bu refuses to get onto MY schedule -- he wakes me up usually around 5:30 or so. Yes, he wants to go "out" but if we could simply go back to sleep for another 2-3 hours, that wouldn't be a problem. NO, my dear dog is a chow hound and he wants to EAT!!! I've tried and tried to get him to wait till at least 7am but no such luck. Tomorrow, I start a new approach... wake up, go potty, and feed him first thing. He's much more willing to take a nap and let me sleep as soon as he's been fed. So, I guess we will be doing breakfast as soon as he wakes up and "get's busy and hurries up!"

Puppy Kindergarten starts on July 10th... I'm looking forward to that. Bu just really wants to play with other dogs -- but we don't know any dogs that will play with him (too old, too small, too afraid, too far away!) It will be good socialzation for the both of us! We also are going to be meeting up wih a trainer this Tuesday to get some advice on dealing with Bu's "jaws of doom!" And before you all comment, YES, I've tried: grabbing his muzzle, crying "OUCH!" (I sometimes do that without trying!), loosing my temper and YELLING loudly (not a good method at all, just happened!), sticking my hand down his mouth, turning his cheeks under so he's bitting himself, coating my arms with vinegar, and yes, I do always try and re-direct to something that is good to bite, but my arms have some kind of magical appeal.

This being said, Bu got to go to the Boy Scout auction tonight and he was WONDERFUL!!! People of all ages pet and loved on him. He was great with children (though, he really wanted to play and I wouldn't let him run and chase!) and didn't try and mouth ANYONE. He was a hit and everyone loves his coloring. My boy is a people dog...he wants and needs to be with people often. He just settled down at my feet and enjoyed being loved. GOOD DOG!

These are the adventures of Jen and Bu these days... we both have been very tired when we are home. Love and prayers to you all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi! I linked you from dailypuppy! Just wanted to let you know... I can totally sympathetize with you! My puppy (a weimaraner/pointer mix) also thinks of my arm as a large bone.. and I have the scars to prove it! I've tried everything as well to get him to stop! Just wanted you to know I'm right there with you!

btw I love Bu.. such a cutie pie!