Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thoughts on 3 years...

If you don't know...Bu has turned out to be quite a talker...sometimes too much of a barker too. So he had plenty to say about this whole "birthday" thing. I think it had to do with don't try and take pictures when food is involved and make the old guy go away!
A full tummy, he finally posed for a few good pictures.
Bugenhagen the great has turned 3 years old. He's a real and true grown up now. Somehow though, he hasn't gotten a job nor is willing to help pay for the kibble. And we haven't come to a consensus about the status of dog poo.
This is his "tell OMGus to that it's MY momma" bark... Honestly, he whines. A LOT. No really people, Bu has a bunch to say and most of it is directed at OMGus. Please note the state of poor Winnie-the-Pooh. It became a paci-pillow and is now a dangerous and gross stuffie. Ahh but the boy is happy.

Both my boys are doing well. We just are crazy busy and with Holy Week just around the corner, the boys are also getting quite ignored. Anyone want to come play for a day soon?
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Dexter said...

Oh yes, Mango became much more vocal as he matured too and has quite a range of howls and moans to express his frustration with my refusal to cater to his whims. I Bu's puckered lips in the first photo. That is the face Mango wears when he is moaning and groaning.

Mango Momma

Kennedy said...

Happy birthday, big guy! Welcome to the grown-up club - although you're only as old as you feel (or act). I'm thinking you're still plenty young at heart.

Vegas totally has lots to say, too. She gets realy impatient and does this houly thing while looking you dead in the eye and prances her feet. And she woofs at her little brother when he is still eating to try to get his food. And there's the sassy, "I don't want to stay away from the dinner table, Mom" bark. I could go on and on. Too funny. :)

Randi said...

AWW BU!

HAPPY BURPDAY!!!!
You are such a handsome boy - you should be able to bark & whine whenever the need arises!

Hope you had a great day!

Your mama loves you ALOT!

Love & Licks,
Randi

TrishC said...

Somehow I find it hard to believe that Bu is already three years old. He is still one of the most handsome Great Dane's I've ever seen. I love his coat color...such a handsome boy. The only time our pups ever get vocal is when Jordan drags out his saxophone. Darcy has almost always sang along with him. Baron has only done it once. It was quite a musical afternoon listening to one two legged kid and two four legged kids use their God-given talents to serenade me.

Sames Blogs said...

BARK! I just started chatting with mommy and daddy recently, and I am an old lady of almost 10. When they come home, I give them quite an earful. And once in awhile those high pitched noises from the Red Trucks make me howl too. BARK! Sasha the Princess

{Amanda} said...

Aww, Happy Birthday! He is such a handsome boy! I'm glad that I found your blog!

You should come check out my Danes, Layla & Lucius! They're both adopted & have added so much love to my little family ♥

* http://donandamanda.blogspot.com *