Sunday, May 13, 2007

Seven Weeks Old Today!

Auntie Heather and Julia and Cody baby sat during church today! Then I came home and we romped and played and entertained! Heather, Julia, Cody, Mike, Gwenn, Laura, John, Mary, Dean, and Nan came to visit! And at our last potty trip, we met Gerald our neighbor outside too! What a ta-do!

Bu certainly is a cuddle-bug! (which makes me happier than anything!) Course, it's one thing to have a 16lb pup laying on your chest vs a 160lb dog! Bu also likes to chomp on carrots and the green bean wasn't too bad as well! He also really loves his kibble. I've never had a dog that eats quite like he does. Exhuberant is all I can say!

Well, we've also made progress on the potty training. Mostly by way of *ME* figuring out that he wants out. He can't go down the stairs to the door yet -- but I have found that he likes to go potty on the wool dining room rug! So, if he's anywhere near there I just make sure that we go out really soon. I put the bell at the stairs and I think we will pick that up very quickly. He's already nosed it a few times and I've rushed him outside (though I don't think he was ready to go potty! Just looking at what ever it was that I was trying to get him to do!) But, I'm pretty sure that in a few weeks, we'll have the potty thing down to a science -- door bell and all! Thanks to Tipper for this!

Everyone who has met him falls in love very fast. He is friendly, quiet, playful, and when he sleeps, he dreams. Which, while that is cute now, again I think...those legs running in his sleep when he's big is going to be rather crazy! Ahhh well.

I hope that Bu's littermates have owners who think that their dog is the best because I know MINE is!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: