Thursday, May 17, 2007

Close up at 54 days!

What a day! I was awakened by smelly puppy breath...a bit to early to my liking...but after feeding the dog we lolled around on the couch waking up together. Then it was off to text study this morning where Bu proceeded to sleep very soundly at my feet. Then we stopped by the library to say hi to Mary and got to meet a few little kids as well. Then, we at lunch on the grass at the church. Bu doesn't get people food too much but I wondered what he would do with pickle slices. (Tipper used to spit them out and roll on them!) Bu wasn't interested, but was thrilled when I finally put his lunch out to eat. Then after running a bit in the office we walked across the street to the Covenant church for a meeting. Bu proceeded to sleep ever so soundly on the floor at my feet for the next hour and half. When I picked him up to carry him outside (just in case waking him made him think to pee right away!) he just melted back asleep in my arms. He was not at all interested in being awake. Pastor Brian laughed and took a few photos at the ever so soundly sleeping pup. Outside we went to walk across the street again and back to our church. Then, we made a play date (errr...pastoral call!) on Dean and Mary and their Lucy. After some introductions and some getting used to each other... (and Lucy finally figuring out that Bu is just a puppy and she can run circles around him!) they had some fun playing! I needed a tired dog today! Home we went! And Bu was so tired, that he spent his first "LONG" time in his crate!!!! Gave me confidence that very soon, I will be able to leave him at home in his crate without it being a traumatic experience. Bu then had another babysitter come and stay with him for 2 hours while I went to our high school baccalaureate. I came home around 8:30pm and made dinner. We romped a bit...and a tired puppy proceeded to fall asleep on my lap...then on my whole body! Can I say this is fun even though I know that very soon he's going to be way to big to do that? We'll never be able to share the couch. I'm guessing that eventually I really will have to have 2 couches...his and mine! We played upstairs and took some fun photos (see this and the other post for the day!) It's now midnight and I need to sleep because I have a very pooped puppy asleep at my feet again! He's got a head start on me for tomorrow! Peace my friends!

No comments: