Monday, November 1, 2010

Fall Days and Fall Nights


I bought a new leaf blower thing today... It was a nice day to try and do some yard work.  Nella thought that I was playing just with her and the leaves.  She ran and got the zoomies through all the leaves.  Glad someone thought it was fun.  Personally, I'm starting to think Fall is the WORST season to deal with having a house and a yard.  Let it snow, I can ignore snow... but you'll see from the picture below I don't think I can ignore the leaves. 




This is the first pile of leaves that are now to the gate of the fenced in area.  They need to be moved to the street.  UGH!!!  Took me an hour and half or so to get them to this point.  Another 2 hours...  BUT, I don't have blisters from raking!  I know, I'm whining.  Big Boy Bu just stayed out of the way and avoided the leaf blower...Nella chased and ran through the wind!  I couldn't get pictures of her doing that tho!




Bu did get a bit jealous that I was taking pictures and not of HIM.... he barked at me till I started taking a few of him too.  So, here he is watching the world go by on this deck. 


Ahhhh the joys of  a nice crisp fall afternoon.



But now, you can see the problem of a "fall evening"  ... this is MY bed.  Nella's bed is on the floor but Bu lets her sleep on MY bed now.  Nice of him isn't it?  I'm starting to think the crib mattress on the floor for Nella is starting to look awfully comfortable.  Especially when they decide to play bitey mouth in bed.  







Nella WINS?!  
 I do love my dogs!

5 comments:

brooke said...

They are so cute! I think Darwin would bark at the leaf blower. She runs away from my hair dryer when I point it at her. hahaha.

Trish said...

Nella is growing so fast!
You have two beautiful dogs!

Dexter said...

Give it up. That's not your bed anymore.

As for those leaves. Ugh. We just use the lawn tractor to pick them up, but need the blower to get them out of the flower beds. What a pain!

Mango Momma

Jed and Abby in MerryLand said...

Hello. We're a couple of rescue doggies just discovering the fascinating world of dog blogs. We're not Danes, but our mama was a Dane person for eons, so she loves it when we find a Dane blog. And you two are such cute Danes! Bu, you're an excellent big brother. Mama was always astonished at how quickly male Danes can learn to be foster parents to young ones. Even cats. Mama had one male Dane when she was growing up that would positively "brood" kittens. He'd put them in his bed, then settle in around them, checking carefully to be sure he wasn't accidently lying on them. The kittens curled up next to his tummy like he was a mama cat. He'd lick them, but he drew the line at nursing: he'd jump out of the bed real smart like when they tried. Looking forward to getting to know you better as we follow your blog.

Jed & Abby

Anonymous said...

I kind of wish we'd had a Fall this year; where I am, I was literally mowing the lawn one weekend, and foot-deep in snow the next!
- - - - - - -
Jack@PDB
dog beds and more